Thursday, November 19, 2009

Venison Roast

So, you may not know it, but my husband is an avid hunter. He just hunts birds (dove, pheasant, goose and duck), but has friends who get us some delicious venison from time to time. I've discovered a great marinade, that I've altered slightly, that helps to tenderize the meat, draw out the gaminess, and leave a great flavor.

Take 1 part red wine, 1 part black coffee, and 1/3 part soy sauce, and mix together. Chop up 3 scallions and smash 4 large cloves of garlic, and add to the liquid.

Marinate the meat for 24 hours, and then roast as you would beef.

If you're "game" to eat game, you'll love this marinade.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had access to venison for years and years but this marinade sounds wonderful!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly -- come to DC for a family vacation and I promise it'll be on the menu!

    ReplyDelete