Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

OK -- I know that a lot of you are thinking that I'm nuts -- a recipe for brussel sprouts -- but trust me, make them this way and even a lot of people who don't like them, will like these! And my toddlers just love them . . . .

First, you MUST use fresh brussel sprouts, never frozen. I can't stress this enough! Serve about 6-7 sprouts per person.

Wash them, trim off the bottoms, pull off withered or dirty leaves on the top, and cut in half.

Arrange on a non-stick baking sheet, with the cut side up.

Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast them in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until they get lightly brown on the top and bottom.

They will still be firm on the inside, and slightly carmelized on the outside, making them taste a little sweet and a little nutty.

Go ahead -- give them a try -- you might be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment