Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zucchini Parmigiana

A few weeks ago, I visited the farm of my honorary family from college. They were growing zucchini the size of eggplant, and I took some home with me. In a moment of inspiration, my Mom suggested making zucchini parmigiana and it was AMAZING! Here's the eggplant parmigiana recipe -- nothing needs to change but for the veggies. http://foodislove-judy.blogspot.com/2010/01/eggplant-parmigiana.html. Cut the zukes on a steep angle, so you have large slices.

I think part of the secret is that these zukes were really large, and therefore a bit more tough than the zucchini we usually like to eat sauteed or grilled. They held up really well to the initial roasting and then the baking. But I didn't layer them more than 2 stacks high, and cooked for only 30 minutes so they wouldn't turn to mush. It was delicious!

Now, I've made a lot of converts out of eggplant parm over the years -- but if you know folks who are steadfast in their refusal to eat eggplant, try this variation with them and see if they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment