Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tastefully Simple

Normally, I'm not a big proponent of pre-prepared foods and shortcuts. They are necessary on certain weeknights, but generally, I don't like to forego the pleasure (yes, pleasure) of dicing onions and mincing garlic and tasks like that. BUT, in the last year I've discovered Tastefully Simple, a great line of products designed to make entertaining and cooking easy and delicious. My dear and life-long friend, Michelle Coleman Lacey, is a consultant and if you're at all interested in learning about their products and ordering any, here is her website: www.tastefullysimple.com/web/mlacey.

Their cocktail mixes are divine and a sure hit at a party. The dip mixes are addictive (I'm a big fan of Onion, Onion and Garlic, Garlic, both of which are great seasonings too, as well as the Chipotle dip), even people who shy away from spice and flavor in their food love the Seasoning Salt, and the (cream) cheese ball mixes will be a hit at any party. Michelle also has three kids who are picky eaters and they LOVE the stuff.

So, take a look and definitely try some of the products. The garlic and onion mixes are especially good when you are in too much of a rush to cut and dice -- they are of a far superior quality to anything you'll ever find in the supermarket and even this food snob uses them with abandon.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, I have been away from the site otherwise I would have commented earlier. I'll share a dirty litte secret with you, I am a Tastefully Simple Consultant and I like to chop onions and garlic. I'm half Puerto Rican so there is not much that it doesn't go in. But there are some days when I am rushed or what I have on hand is not as fresh as it used to be. So I turn to my TS stash to help out. It works in everything from burgers to red beans to stir fries.

    Judy has pretty much said everything for me (she's my best publicist), but if anyone has any questions about the products, please don't hestitate to ask.

    Thanks Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete